The NSW Institute of Sport [NSWIS] is an elite sporting organisation that supports Australian athletes to become world’s best. We are a nationally focused high-performance centre reaching all regions of NSW with an Olympic and Paralympic training facility based at Sydney Olympic Park. Our experts work in collaboration with partners within the national sporting system to create and deliver high performance services and environments to prepare athletes and coaches for international competition.
NSWIS prioritises the development of our people and we support flexible working arrangements to achieve a work/life balance. It is important that our people feel respected, engaged, and contribute to the organisation’s success and we take pride in seeing our people perform at their best.
About the role
The Senior Coordinator, Commercial Partnerships is responsible for driving the development and execution of the Institute’s commercial, marketing and event objectives. This position will focus on revenue growth and brand positioning via commercial opportunities. This will be achieved by identifying and pursuing commercially attractive opportunities; negotiating and acquiring mutually beneficial partnerships, enabling the growth of existing partnerships, and executing outstanding stakeholder management. The role will be responsible for the coordination and delivery of all corporate events, overseeing relevant organisational projects and contributing to the development and delivery of marketing & communications strategies, plans and objectives.
For further information about the role and the key accountabilities please see the job description.
We are seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded team player to join our team. You will be an excellent communicator and proactive with a passion for achieving goals.
You will have:
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in commercial partnerships, sponsorship or marketing
- Track record of implementing proven processes and initiatives to support business outcomes and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
- Proven experience developing partnership strategies and proposals, thinking critically with astute commercial acumen
- Demonstrated experience in developing and retaining key partnerships and managing a portfolio of partners
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating events including; establishing an event experience that considers current trends, monitoring risk management, budget management and event evaluation
This is a full-time position, offering a salary of $88,401 - $92,821pa plus 9.5% superannuation. The contract period is until 31 December 2020 in line with the Olympic cycle. An extension of contract may be possible through the next four-year cycle based on funds being available and performance.
This is an identified position requiring a Working with Children Check.
If you would like to enquire about the role contact Alistair Warnock, Manager, Marketing and Communications at Alistair.Warnock@nswis.com.au
For more information about the NSW Institute of Sport please visit www.nswis.com.au